Saturday 29 October 2011

Neti Pot

 

Afternoon beauties!! How are all you?

For those of you who are a bit squeamish I suggest you don't read this post!!

 

 

Blog 018

My PINK Neti Pot Open-mouthed smile 

 

Todays post is going to be something a bit different. As the title suggests, I am going to talk a bit about my Neti Pot. Now, I'm sure there are many of you who have absolutely no idea what the hell that is- I don't blame you. I only learnt recently. A Neti Pot is a form of nasal irrigation. Yuck…!? Yeh, I thought so at first too.

 

Well as you can see from my picture above, the Neti Pot has a spout- seeing as its nasal irrigation you can imagine what you have to do with that spout! For those of you who would like to see it in action click below Smile (its not me)

 

 

 

I know it looks a bit weird and gross. I've tried it out quite a few times now. It feels kind of strange to be honest- but not in a bad way. I think sometimes I'm not doing it properly though, because sometimes the water goes down my throat, which isn't very nice!

 

You may be wondering why anyone would want to do this? Well there are various health benefits. I suffer from asthma and as a consequence am also allergic to animal hair, feathers and pollen. Don't get me wrong, its not that bad, but I thought Id give it a go. Especially now for winter time when people fall ill, maybe by keeping my nasal passages fresh and clean I wont get so blocked / runny!? Who knows.  Here's a link it you would like to know more about the health benefits of the Neti Pot http://www.netihealth.com/benefits.html.

 

Have any of you ever tried a Net Pot? If not, would you like to try it or does it freak you out a bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment